[Koha] Problem adding book with non ascii characters in title

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:07:06 NZST 2009

2009/8/3 Galen Charlton <gmcharlt at gmail.com>

> Hi Jarosław,
>
> 2009/7/31 Jarosław Prokopowski <jprokopowski at googlemail.com>:
> > When i'm adding a book without polish characters everything is fine
> > but when i try to add a book with some polish character (non ascii)
> > following error appears in the web browser:
>
> Which Polish characters in particular have you tried?

More specifically, what *encoding* of the characters have you tried?
Combining characters or composed?

Users are typically confused to realize there are multiple encodings for
various characters, so it is probably worth your time to check by hex value
or unicode number.  In my experience, combining characters are less reliably
interpreted by Koha and Zebra than composed ones.  Then trying to use
multiple combining characters *always* failed for me.

--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions