[Koha] zebra issues

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 11:37:47 NZST 2009

2009/8/2 Erik Lewis <elewis at ngrl.org>

> Thanks Chris that worked.  The INSTALL.ubuntu specified:
> 7.2 Fast Index:
>     $ misc/migration-tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -w
>
> On Aug 1, 2009, at 10:21 PM, Chris Nighswonger wrote:
>
> run 'perl misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -a -b -r'
>
> You'll also need to setup a cron job to run this at some interval (probably
> w/o the -r option and w/the -z option). I think this is covered in the
> INSTALL.ubuntu.
>
> Regards,
> Chris

Right, -b -w works for indexing just biblio records, the first time.  -a
gets authorities.  -r rebuilds the indexes from scratch, so is most useful
when there are problems after bulk loading.  You would probably not want to
run with -r in crontab, since it would be doing a lot of unnecessary work.

--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions