[Koha] zebra issues

Erik Lewis elewis at ngrl.org
Sun Aug 2 09:35:11 NZST 2009

Details Koha 3.03, Ubuntu 9.04
-loaded about 90k worth of marc records into koha
-verified that they loaded
-ran Zebra rebuild_zebra.pl -b -w
-got an error when zebra couldn't create a few lock files, created the
directories and kicked it off again
-came back prompt had returned no other messages
-restarted the zebra server
-opened OPAC did a search

Got this:

No Result found!

No results match your search "tree branch:Dalton-Whitifield County
Library"

Went hoping around to various log files and saw nothing that really
caused me any concern.  Checked and I have some giant Zebra files, but
still no search results.  I've started and stopped a few dozen times.
Nothing.  At this point my suspicion is I really do not know what I'm
doing with Zebra and need a few hints on the obvious things I could be
missing.  I know the details are sketch but any clues as to what I
should look for?