[Koha] How to Set up

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Thu Apr 30 08:53:04 NZST 2009

Hi Andrew,

Take a look at the koha.org home page.  The Development Wiki link on
that page will take you to a number of guides that cover installation.
The Documentation link will take you to another page with some
installation guides as well as a link to the Koha 3.0 Manual Site.
There is a tutorial at
http://www.blazingmoon.org/news/2008/12/installing-koha-3-on-ubuntu-810-a-tutorial/
that I have seen others reference on this list.

You say your are green at this, so I would suggest you start by
learning some basic linux skills.  Much of the advice in the guides and
tutorials will make much more sense then.  Take a look at linux.org.
There is a Courses area with some good basic lessons to get you started.

Best,

Doug

>>> Andrew Harris <andrewericharris at gmail.com> 4/28/2009 5:07 PM >>>
Hello.
I am working with an NGO and we shipped 2 libraries (about 2000
titles) to korea.
We are looking for a open source system to catalogue, and hear Koha is

the best bet.
We are very green at this and are hoping for some advice, on how to
download, set up, and run the libraries.
I'll be heading over to Korea this friday, so any info before would be

great appreciated.
Thank you

Andrew Harris
andrewericharris at gmail.com