[Koha] Migrating data from phpmylibrary to Koha

Melanie Saldua reilied00 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:02:29 NZST 2009

How to do it exactly? I have an idea but I don't know if it is right or not.

Here's my idea.

1. Extract the database and export it as an excel file
2. Map/Match the fields from phpmylibrary and koha
3. Manipulate the data (excel file) to match koha's database structure
4. Save the data as text file with tabs as separation
5. Import/Dumb the data (text file) into koha's database by using webmin's
import from text file feature.

Anyone have a better idea? A faster way to migrate the data? A script for
data migration maybe? It will help me a lot. Thanks