[Koha] koha features

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Fri Apr 24 06:17:13 NZST 2009

Sebastien,

Your answer might be to define item types for the different formats (pdf, daisy, etc) and then add an item record to the biblio for each item type.  The item record includes a subfield u - universal resource locator - that can be used to point to the file.  You then have one biblio with the bibliographic information and a copy record for each of the different types of formats you have for that title.

Best,

Doug

>>> Sébastien Hinderer <Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr> 4/23/2009 7:51 AM >>>
Hi Galen, thanks for your quick reply.

> The 856 (URL) field is a repeatable field in MARC21, so you can have a
> single bib record for each title that links to all of the formats.

Okay. We plan to use Unimarc rather than marc21, but I believe 856 is
also repeatable in this marc dialect.
However, I'd say that we need to store not only a link for each format,
but also the type of ressource the link points to. But maybe this is
easy to do and I can find out about that by myself.
You guys already helped a lot.

Cheers,
Sébastien.