[Koha] koha features

anu at ncsi.iisc.ernet.in anu at ncsi.iisc.ernet.in
Fri Apr 24 02:12:07 NZST 2009

Hi,

I have also addressed this problem as Galen has suggested. For the purpose
of indexing, convert the non text format documents to text format and
provide link to the original document format for keeping the look and feel
of the document. Hence a document will have only one bibliographic entry
but links can be given to different formats through a repeatable field
such as 856.

-Anuradha
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Sébastien Hinderer
> <Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>> Of course, one way would be to henerate several bibliographic records
>> for one book (i.e. one bibliographic record for each format), but I'm
>> pretty sure this is poor design, not easy to maintain...
>
> Creating a  MARC bibs for each format is actually done at some
> libraries, but it does have obvious problems.
>
>> So, if someone has suggestions about how to solve this, I'd be grateful
>> if he/she could let me know.
>
> The 856 (URL) field is a repeatable field in MARC21, so you can have a
> single bib record for each title that links to all of the formats.
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen
> --
> Galen Charlton