[Koha] koha features

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Fri Apr 24 01:28:47 NZST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Sébastien Hinderer
<Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Of course, one way would be to henerate several bibliographic records
> for one book (i.e. one bibliographic record for each format), but I'm
> pretty sure this is poor design, not easy to maintain...

Creating a  MARC bibs for each format is actually done at some
libraries, but it does have obvious problems.

> So, if someone has suggestions about how to solve this, I'd be grateful
> if he/she could let me know.

The 856 (URL) field is a repeatable field in MARC21, so you can have a
single bib record for each title that links to all of the formats.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton