[Koha] KOHA and GSDL

mohan pradhan pradhmohan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:02:56 NZST 2009

Dear Anuradha,

We are interested in integrating Greenstone with KOHA for full text
searching. I would appreciate if you could kindly send me details
about it.

With regards,

Sincerely yours,

Dr. Mohan Raj Pradhan
Member-Secretary
HealthNet Nepal
I have been working with Greenstone for quite time, details of which can
be accessed at:
http://vidya-mapak.ncsi.iisc.ernet.in/cgi-bin/library
http://vidya-mapak.ncsi.iisc.ernet.in/bahubhashi/index.html and since
last one year under a project sponsored by IDRC, a small team is
working on integrated
library automation packages including Koha, details can be accessed at:
http://dharmaganja.ncsi.iisc.ernet.in

I am glad to inform this list that we have successfully tested integrating
Greenstone into Koha, for making Koha to search fulltext documents and
also to work as a digital library. Also, we have almost tested making this
possible with available backend in Koha itself, i.e., MySql and Zebra. We
are planning to put on our project server, may be in a week or two.

Regards,
Anuradha