[Koha] Greenstone cost

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sun Apr 19 04:26:43 NZST 2009

M L  N <soscalling at gmail.com> wrote:
> My name is Linh and i'm a final year Library student, for my final project i
> have to build a Integrated library system. I don't really have a budget for
> this project and that is why i decided to use opensource. I was just
> wondering if there are any addition cost involved with running Koha?

As a minimum, Koha needs a server or server space to run on - I don't
think anyone is offering free-to-the-user Koha hosting yet (advert
supported or otherwise).  Then there may be support, maintenance,
training and all the other things which any complex service sometimes
needs.  There are no "use fees" (like any Free and Open Source
Software) but it can still have other costs involved.

Hope that explains,
--
MJ Ray (slef).  LMS developer and supporter for a small, friendly