[Koha] KohaCon 2009 development meeting

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Sat Apr 18 13:43:12 NZST 2009

Hi,

A few logistical details for the developers meeting after KohaCon 2009.

Location: The Board Room at the Holiday Inn Express North Plano (i.e.,
the conference hotel)

Date: We have the room all day Saturday and Sunday, 4/18 & 4/19.

Start time: 08:00 CDT (13:00 UTC) - note that that this is not a firm
start time as much simply the earliest I'll be there to make sure that
the room is unlocked.

End time: Whenever the caffeine runs out.  The hotel is being very
flexible, although if we start running into the late evening, we
should probably decamp to a private hotel room out of courtesy to the
staff and guests in adjoining rooms.

Agenda: There's no set agenda; in the best unconference tradition
we'll decide on the agenda as we go along.  That said, there are some
topics and requests that I know of:

* overview of the Koha codebase for new contributors
* Git tutorial
* 3.0 and 3.2 status and planning
* discussing ideas for architectural and programming improvements for
3.2 and later
* hackfest

Communications: I will summarize the meetings in postings to the koha
and koha-devel mailing lists.   For blogs, Twitter, Flickr, etc.,
let's use the tag kohacon09.  There's no videoconference equipment, of
course, but we can try using Skype, Jabber, or #koha if someone who is
unable attend in person would like to participate.

Thanks to David Schuster and the rest of the KohaCon committee for
doing a wonderful job of organizing the conference, and thanks to the
Holiday Inn for giving us use of the room (and coffee and tea!)
gratis.

Regards,

Galen
--