[Koha] koha fees and handling centage

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sun Apr 12 10:21:21 NZST 2009

2009/4/12 Joe Tho <koha at joetho.com>:
> Hello,
>
> It is actually fairly common in tiny community libraries. And as economic
> conditions deteriorate, it will likely become more so.
>
> Imagine a patron has $20-50 in fines or replacement fees, and wants to check
> out a book, and the library agrees to let them pay $5 a visit until it is
> paid off. This is not something new, and various other ILS systems allow
> this. I would like to see this in the phantom Koha v3.2, whenever that
> appears.

I think you can already do this, at least you could in 1999 :) And it
was still there in version 2.2.5, you went to view account, then chose
create a manual credit. Then you entered the amount of the credit. It
could be any amount. As you say this a common requirement and
something HLT specified when they were working on creating Koha.

And having just checked Koha 3.0 you can still do this, you go to a
borrower, check the fines tab, then choose create manual credit.

If you enter a barcode it should take the credit off the charge
associated with that item.

Hope this helps

Chris