[Koha] KohaCon unfortunate weather and other information!

dschust1 at tx.rr.com dschust1 at tx.rr.com
Fri Apr 10 15:30:24 NZST 2009

Unfortunate weather forcast - but who knows - wait an hour and the weather changes in Dallas...

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/weddings/wxdetail/75035?dayNum=7

PLEASE - come comfortable!!  This is an environment to learn so wear whatever is the most comfortable to you.  Jeans, t-shirt, suit whatever.  I may carry on my tradition of Hawaiian shirts and tan pants started by a friend of mine at other conferences...  I'm also noticable that way...;)  that also means wear comfortable SHOES as you may be doing some walking depending on the weather... and maybe an umbrella!  The hotel does have a courtesy shuttle, but it only seats 6 at a time - and we are planning for about 100 people - all of which may or may not need to use the shuttle in the mornings, afternoon and evening!

REMINDER - the hotel is not connected to the conference center it is .96 of a mile - from the Holiday Inn express(3101 NORTH DALLAS PKWY Plano, TX) to the Sockwell center(6301 Chapel Hill Blvd Plano, TX)  There is "free" wireless at the Holiday Inn express as well as the Sockwell center, but due to network security there may be some things you can't get to at the Sockwell Center.

If you are planning to blog a twitter has been setup by Liz!  #kohacon09 - I will attempt to blog when I can - http://libraryonmymind.edublogs.org

The mall discussed for lunch is across the street/parkinglot from the Sockwell Center - where there is a food court and an Apple store just down the hallway - here is a google link to it for the shop aholics:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=willow+bend+mall+plano&aq=2s&oq=willowbend+

There will be a sign in table - At which you can pickup a name badge, a paper agenda, and check your contact information and indicate if you are willing to have your contact information shared with the other attendees.