[Koha] Test Catalogue module v2.2.9

Betsy Law betsy.law at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:00:45 NZST 2008

Julie,

You can delete tags that you do not use by using Koha
Administration>Biblio Framework (MARC Structure).  There should be a
default framework, "MARC Structure", and if you click on that you will
see all the fields.  There is an option to delete each tag.

However, it may be preferable to keep all the tags just in case you
want to use them later.  This leaves you open to do new projects using
fields you are not now using. You can make a tag optional rather than
mandatory by choosing "Edit tag" on the same Administration screen and
unchecking the "mandatory" checkbox.  The mandatory fields that are
not filled in show up in yellow at least on my version) so it's easy
to find out which fields are causing a record to be rejected.