[Koha] Settings for opac in Koha 2.2.9(Windows)

Krishnan Mani krishnanm75 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 16:39:33 NZST 2008

Mitali,

i am using a Linux installation, but i suspect that you need to try a couple of things:
a) The perl module used for sending e-mail notification needs to be told which mail server to use. It usually assumes that a mail server is running on the same box that koha is running on (localhost), at the default SMTP port of 25

Koha 3.0 uses Mail::Sendmail. i checked my Windows install of 2.2.9 and it probably uses Net::SMTP

Since there is not currently a system preference that allows you to set the mail server, you may have to edit the perl module by hand (usually a .pm file) and set the default mail server. Of course, you have the easy option of running a mail server on the same box and not have to change any code.

b) If you do have access to another mail server that will send mail for you, you may require some more configuration depending on whether authentication is needed for Koha to connect and send mail using the server. This is usually referred to as 'SASL' authentication.

c) There are other e-mail notifications that you may want to try once everything else is setup, for e.g., creating user logins, sending overdue notices, etc. before you conclude that notification is not working.

Hope this is not too technical for you...

Thanks and regards,

krishnan mani

Pune, India