[Koha] Order of holdings

Ruth Vargas ruth.vargas at hclibrary.org
Sat Sep 20 02:53:58 NZST 2008

I can't figure out how items are ordered on the Holdings screen (search
the catalog and select a title with a lot of items).  We are a public
library with 6 main locations and many multiple copies.  The 90 items on
James Patterson's "7th heaven" display in reverse alphabetical order by
location name, but multiple groupings:
    Savage
    Miller
    Glenwood
    Elkridge
    East Columbia
    Central
    Savage
    Miller
    Glenwood
    Elkridge
    East Columbia
    Central

What data is used to order items?  Why don't all items for the same
location group together?  Why do they list in reverse alphabetical order
by location?  Is there a way to change the order?  Strict alpha order
would be an improvement, but even better would be the ability for us to
specify that each location's items display at the head of the list, then
in alpha order after that.  That way staff at each location can view
their items first.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Ruth

Ruth Vargas  --  Software Systems Manager, Information Technology
Howard County Library              voice: 410.313.7923
10375 Little Patuxent Parkway    fax:    410.313.7864
Columbia, MD, USA   21044        email: ruth.vargas at HCLibrary.org
http://aquabrowser.hclibrary.org