[Koha] Summary of community meeting on #koha

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Sat Sep 13 09:19:01 NZST 2008

Hi,

A number of Koha developers and users met today on #koha to discuss
various project issues.  Several project positions were voted on and
are now filled:

3.2 Release Manager - Galen Charlton, LibLime
Translation Manager - Chris Cormack, Catalyst
Documentation Manager - Nicole Engard, LibLime
3.0 Release Maintainer - Henri-Damien Laurent, BibLibre

Since Chris was not present for the meeting, I ask him to formally
confirm that he's still wants to be Translation Manager.

The position of QA manager for 3.2 remains open.  The two candidates
are Frédéric Demians (Tamil) and Joshua Ferraro (LibLime).  Due to the
absence of both candidates during all or part of the meeting and a
debate about the responsibilities of the QA manager position, no
decision has been made, and the discussion should be continued on the
koha-devel mailing list.

Several announcements were made:

* I will set up gitosis on git.koha.org to allow Henri-Damien to push
patches to the 3.0.x branch.
* Henri-Damien announced that minor revisions of 3.0.x will be
packaged and released every two months.
* I announced a date of 10 October 2008 for the developers to complete
review of the RFCs for 3.2.  I will also send out another schedule
proposal for the 3.2 development cycle.

Various issues were raised that should be discussed on the mailing lists:

* Coding standards for 3.2.
* Moving the Koha manual from Google Sites once www.koha.org is running Plone.
* Policies for ensuring that more patches are reviewed and tested.

The full log of the meeting is at

http://koha.org/cgi-bin/logs.pl?recall=recall&saved_query=2008-09-12%20meeting

or equivalently,

http://koha.org/cgi-bin/logs.pl?look=plain&startdate=2008091212:00:37&enddate=2008091213:30:01&search=Search