[Koha] comma separated reports and commas in author names

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 04:30:24 NZST 2008

Tomasz Holdowanski wrote:
> Hi,
> Had similiar problem when converting data from other ILS to
> Koha-compatible format. I guess such 'collisions' are normal and
> unavoidable, and there`s nothing permanent we can do about it. It`s not
> a real pain, though - it would be, if you couldn`t choose separator
> other than comma. I chose a '{}' separator and got used to using it very
> quickly. Conclusion: it`s a minor inconvenience, not a real problem -
> just like adjusting seat and mirrors in a new car.
>
> Regards,
> Tomasz.

Yup, I agree that it is an inconvenience since using tab as a separator
works. I thought I should at least mention it here. Future readers will
see that it hasn't gone un-noticed and that it is a known issue with a
solution or work around.

However, what's not clear to me is why is there an option of the comma
separators at all since it is bound to create problems in author fields
at least if not in others.

You chose "{}". How do you select your own separator? I only have the
commas and tabs as two options.

Regards.