[Koha] Urgent 2.2.6 to 2.2.9 upgrade help

hammondthrasher_c at usp.ac.fj hammondthrasher_c at usp.ac.fj
Thu Sep 4 16:53:38 NZST 2008

Listers,

I am in the small developing nation of the Cook Islands upgrading a Koha 2.2.6
server to 2.2.9. I was not feeling comfortable with the 3.0 so I thought it
safer to go with 2.2.9 - especially since I only am in the country for a few
days and there is no local expertise. The server is debian etch.

Now, I have run the koha.upgrade script, which complained a little bit but
completed successfully. Everything seemed to be working fine as I tested all of
the opac screens one by one, but when i turned to the staff screens, I received
500 errors when I issue a book, add a borrower, and view a borrower's details.

The error log reports that circulation.pl, memberentry.pl, and moremember.pl get
"Premature end of script headers". Which reminds me of when I write perl cgis on
Windows and then load them on a linux server without fixing the line feeds. It
is possible that other scripts have this problem as well.

I have only about 48 hours left to work on this problem and I do not even know
where to begin diagnosing the problem. Please help!

I have attached the 3 files in a tarball if the list supports that.

-cht

Chris Hammond-Thrasher
Library Systems Manager
USP Library
Suva, Fiji

current mobile (in the Cooks): +682 77315