[Koha] Acquisitions

Rosalie Blake rosalie at library.org.nz
Fri Oct 31 09:28:08 NZDT 2008

Hello Leslie
We use the Acquisitions function and are very happy with its functionality.
Different libraries in different parts of the world acquire their books
by different means. Koha Acqusitions is designed and well organised for
a library where orders are placed several months in advance of publication.
Koha Acquisitions takes splendid care of the budget over a number of
different item lines. We always know, throughout the year, pretty
exactly how much we have spent, how much we have committed and how much
budget remains in each of the budget lines. Acquisitions has some very
sophisticated programming that takes care of the recommended retail
price (which we use as the replacement price), various and variable
discounts from different suppliers, variable exchange rates, postage and
transport costs, local taxes and still comes out with the right price
that we actually pay for each item. And it adjusts the budget accordingly.
This functionality is extremely important to us, and it works well.
Please, American librarians, don't badmouth something you don't know and
use.
Rosalie Blake
Head of Libraries
Horowhenua Library Trust