[Koha] Loading bib records from reservoir

Irene Sachs irene_sachs at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 25 02:45:35 NZDT 2008

Dear List

We have Koha version 3 installed on a Linux platform. We are having problems getting records that we have downloaded using Z39.50 from the reservoir into the catalogue.

I understand that to be able to search the records (in both the catalogue and the reservoir) you need to run the script misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z. We have run this script but haven't scheduled it to run regularly but still can only find records in the reservoir not the catalogue. Items added manually do not appear in either the reservoir or the catalogue.

I can not get the records from the reservoir to the catalogue. When I go to the 'Stage Marc records for import' in the Tools section I am asked to select a file to stage. Isn't this meant for a batch upload rather than records already in the reservoir? The option to browse a file doesn't point to records in the reservoir. How do I select items from the reservoir for import? I feel that I am missing something very simple here but can't figure it out. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. The information in the manual and in the FAQs is not helpful

Irene