[Koha] Lists/Virtual Shelves not working in OPAC

Tim McMahon tmcmahon at wlpl.org
Fri Oct 24 04:35:17 NZDT 2008

Tim McMahon wrote:
> Lists in Koha 3 aren't working for me in the OPAC.  I tried it first in
> 3.00.00 and upgraded to 3.01.00.002 to see if things improved.
>
> When I'm logged in to the OPAC, I can't add books to a list unless it's
> marked as open from the staff interface.  I can create a private or
> public list from the OPAC, but I still can't put anything in the list.
>
> If I'm not logged in to the OPAC, I can rename lists, delete items from
> public lists and delete the list if there are no items in it.

I found a way around the last problem and wanted to check for input.  I
don't know why this seems to be only happening on my install, but it
seems like $loggedinuser is defined as 0 when the user isn't logged in
making the original test for a defined $loggedinuser to give an
incorrect result.  A change in the last line of opac-shelves.pl fixed it
for me.

Original:
shelfpage('opac', $query, $template, (defined($loggedinuser) ?
$loggedinuser : -1), $cookie);

Fixed:
shelfpage('opac', $query, $template, ($loggedinuser ? $loggedinuser :
-1), $cookie);

I just replaced defined($loggedinuser) with $loggedinuser and now I
can't change/delete lists and list items if I'm not logged in.

--
Tim McMahon
Technical Services