[Koha] about postgresql and koha

Bradley Peters koha at moberley.com
Thu Oct 9 06:21:07 NZDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:08 AM, ricardo mendoza <koha.spanish at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all, I have a question. What is the reason for that Koha does not have
> support for postgresql 8.3?

I'm not a developer so I don't know the answer to this. However, the
installer does appear to know about Postgres, but I couldn't get it to
work.

I'm more familiar with PostreSQL than MySQL so I thought I would try
setting up Koha to use a Postgres database. The Makefile.PL part of
the installer allowed me to select PostgreSQL and the first steps on
the web installer appeared to work (detected the database I'd selected
for Koha and confirmed user privileges). However, once it got to the
stage of populating the database I got an errror that I couldn't
figure out.

Transcript from the Web Installer:

Web Installer › Step 2

Database settings:

    * database type : Pg
    * database name : koha
    * database host : db2
    * database port : 5432 (probably OK if blank)
    * database user : koha-admin

Connection established.

Database koha exists.

User koha-admin has all required privileges on database koha.

--

Web Installer › Step 3

The following error occurred while importing the database structure:

Password for user koha-admin: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

Please contact your system administrator

Errors in Apache2 error log:

[Wed Oct  8 11:34:15 2008] install.pl: DBD::Pg::st execute failed:
ERROR:  relation "language_subtag_registry" does not exist at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Languages.pm line 178.
[Wed Oct  8 11:34:15 2008] install.pl: DBD::Pg::st fetchrow_hashref
failed: no statement executing at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Languages.pm
line 179.

As I said, I couldn't figure it out so I gave up and switched to MySQL.

Sincerely,
Bradley Peters.