[Koha] Koha 2.2.9 (win32) -- cookies and authentication

Scott Owen sowen at edzone.net
Wed Oct 8 03:09:19 NZDT 2008

Hi all,

First: Please forgive my ignorance.....I'm not a programmer....and I may
be biting off more than I can chew ......

Is there a (easy) way to pass authentication information to Koha ??
Or.....a way to have/make Koha generate a session cookie based on
external information? Or maybe change the way cookies are generated/issued?

I've been trying to figure out a way for my users (k-12 students) to use
the same login/password in Koha as they do everywhere else.
We use Novell NDS/LDAP as our main authentication mechanism.

I have a basic PHP/Perl login script (
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/14122.html) that can return
basic information like:
******************************
Bind result is: 1
1 entries returned
Login Successful - Welcome Test Student
Here you could add sessions or cookies to verify the person has logged
in with the corect UserName and Password.

*Title:*
*Sur Name:* 	Student
*Given Name:* 	Test
*E-Mail:*

I have tried using the Auth_With_ldap.pm but have been unable to get it
to work  :-(  and decided to try this approach instead.

Thanks for any help.

-Scott Owen