[Koha] Searching UTF-8 entries [Koha 3.01.00.002]

Marc Nürnberger marc.nuernberger at gmx.de
Tue Oct 7 09:57:20 NZDT 2008

Hi Galen,

Thanks for the help with the rebuild_zebra script. It seems that zebra
had already done its job.

Even reindexing the whole stock didn't change the fact that the
chinese parts of the records are displayed fine, but remain kind of
unsearchable. Whenever I search for a Chinese term, I get the same
sets of results depending on how many characters the search term was
made of, e.g. searching with any one character will give back result
nr. 1, searching with any two character long search term will give
back result nr. 2, and so on. I can even search with Japaneses or
Korean search terms and get the same Chinese sets of results only
depending on the length of the search term. But I don't know what this
is supposed to tell me.

Best regards,
Marc

--
Dr. Marc Nürnberger

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Institut für Sinologie
Kaulbachstr. 51a | D-80539 München | Deutschland
Tel: +49 89 2180 3632  Fax: +49 89 342666
nuernberger at lmu.de | www.sinologie.lmu.de