[Koha] bulkmarcimport error

Sonny Singh psingh5 at jhu.edu
Thu Oct 2 10:06:13 NZDT 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to import MARC records from an old DOS-based system (Bibbase) into Koha.  I have Koha installed on Windows XP.  When I use bulkmarcimport.pl, it goes through each record saying, "Converting record #xxxx encoding from MARC8 to UTF-8."  It gets to 3,810 records, but at 3,811, it stops with the error, "Tag 50 is not a valid tag. at c:/usr/site/lib/MARC/file/USMARC.pm line 221."  Is there anything that can be done on the Koha end to have it move past this record?  I'd appreciate any advice or tips about this.  Thank you.

Sonny