[Koha] faceted browsing in koha 3 on debian etch

Christopher Curry christopherdcurry at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:49:55 NZDT 2008

Hello all,

I just installed Koha 3 on Debian Etch, but I have no facets in my OPAC.  Is
the faceted browsing supposed to be enabled by default or do I need to futz
with the templates to get it to appear?

My instance currently lives at http://www.anarchivangelist.com
<http://www.anarchivangelist.com/> , if it would help to see it in action.
I imported a few records (two through Z39.50 and one through a .mrc import).

I used a guide written in Ukrainian to install, so I may have done something
wrong (as I can’t read Ukrainian).
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=uk:documentation:installation_koha3_on_debi
an_etch
<http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=uk:documentation:installation_koha3_on_deb
ian_etch&s=debian%20etch> &s=debian%20etch

"make test" was successful
and the web install said I had all prerequisites.

I’m looking for a point in the right direction; anyone have a step-by-step
guide for a debian etch installation?  I was hoping I could just edit a
config or template file somewhere to make the facets appear, but I think
they should be there by default, which makes me worry that other things will
come up missing

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Christopher D. Curry
christopherdcurry at gmail.com

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."
- François Marie Arouet de Voltaire