[Koha] Simple manual cataloguing

Frederic Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Sat Nov 22 02:19:13 NZDT 2008

> These solutions would be a great help I'm sure.  However, having spent
> most of yesterday poring over the manual and my preferences, I still
> can't see how to either move fields onto the first tab or
> alternatively how to set some (the majority) to be hidden.  I've
> obviously missed something and would be grateful for help in finding
> whatever switches I need.

You can create a new Framework from an existing one, hide all its
subfields, and then select one by one subfields you want to see in Data
Entry form.

In Koha PRO interface, create a new Framework:

   1. Admin > MARC Frameworks.
   2. Button New Framework. Name it FOO (for example).
   3. Click on 'MARC Structure'. Then Choose to create framework for FOO
      using Default framework.

At this stage, you have a new Framework, which is Default framework
duplicate.

In MySql command line interface, or phpMyAdmin, or whatever, enter this
SQL statement against your Koha DB :

    UPDATE marc_subfield_structure
    SET tab='-1'
    WHERE frameworkcode='FOO';

At this stage, you FOO framework has all its fields hidden.

You have to go in FOO Framework definition, and for each subfields you
want to see in Data Entry, modify Managed in tab attribute.

--
Frédéric DEMIANS
http://www.tamil.fr/u/fdemians.html