[Koha] Fresh Koha 3.0 install -- z39.50 search errors

Дмитрий Дмитрий
Fri Nov 21 07:41:00 NZDT 2008

В Срд, 19/11/2008 в 11:44 +0000, MJ Ray пишет:

> Дмитрий Журавлев <juravlev at lmsh.edu.ru> wrote: [...]
> > But when I loaded Z39.50 configuration page for the first time -- it was
> > blank. No Z39.50 servers are added by default during installation. Is
> > it a bug?
>
> Did you tick the sample_z3950_servers box during installation?
> I think it's ticked by default, but it is optional.
>
> > 3) I added new Z39.50 server for searching (the server  of Library of
> > Congress -- z3950.loc.org), but searching returns nothing saying that
> > nothing was found or gives away with an error:
> >
> > >The following fatal error has occurred:
> >
> > >substr outside of string at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Charset.pm line 241.
>
> Is that the whole error?  I'm not sure, but that looks like what
> happens when I selected UNIMARC by mistake and it couldn't find a
> required subfield - z3950.loc.org is a MARC21 server.
>
> > Well, which search engine does Koha 3.0 use? I've read about
> > z3950daemon: [...]
>
> Where did you read that?  z3950daemon is for koha 2, not 3.
>
> Hope that helps,

Sorry for sending private mail :-).

> Did you tick the sample_z3950_servers box during installation?
> I think it's ticked by default, but it is optional.

Well, a haven't seen anything about z3950 during install :-). I mean I
don't remember.

> Where did you read that?  z3950daemon is for koha 2, not 3.
>
> Hope that helps,

In Koha 3.0 draft manual. Exactly here:
http://sites.google.com/a/liblime.com/koha-manual/Home/Table-of-Contents/administration/additional-parameters/z3950-servers (almost at the bottom of a page).

Ok. What is used to do z39.50 searches? Zebra?

Thanks.