[Koha] Simple manual cataloguing

Fred King phred at philobiblios.net
Thu Nov 20 02:29:06 NZDT 2008

I came up with a couple of other ways, which may work in this situation: I'm
working on a project for which I need only a few fields, and although I
don't expect to need the others, I don't want to delete them. I went into
the field setup page and changed the "managed in tab" setting to "ignore."
Then since I only need one page to display most of the fields I'm using, I
changed the ones I do need to tab 0, as suggested below.

Before I started changing the tab to ignore, I tried going down to "display
more constraints" and changing the value of "hidden" from 0 (or whatever
else the default value was) to -6. This had the same effect on the add
record screen, but the other way involved fewer keystrokes.

Two questions: First, the documentation I've found seems to indicate that
the data are not displayed. If you import a record and the field is hidden,
will the field still be filled should the user want to use it later? Second,
assuming that changing to "ignore" or to "-6" works, is one of the two
methods preferable? (And if it's in the documentation, could someone point
me to the right page?) :-)

Cheers,

Fred King
phred at philobiblios.net