[Koha] Fresh Koha 3.0 install -- z39.50 search errors

Дмитрий Дмитрий
Wed Nov 19 19:34:45 NZDT 2008

Good day, everybody.

I have several questions about my Koha 3.0 fresh installation.

I have installed Koha 3 (stable) on ubuntu 8.04 using debian etch
installation manual.
Koha is running now, but I have some problems:

1) On Release notes page
(http://koha.org/about-koha/news/nr1218407616.html) there is written
that Koha is fully translated to many languages including Russian (I
reside in Moscow, Russia). But it is partially translated. Is it a
mistake?

2) Koha 3.0 documentation says: "By default Koha comes with a
connection to the Library of Congress catalog" (Look here:
http://sites.google.com/a/liblime.com/koha-manual/Home/Table-of-Contents/administration/additional-parameters/z3950-servers).
But when I loaded Z39.50 configuration page for the first time -- it was
blank. No Z39.50 servers are added by default during installation. Is
it a bug?

3) I added new Z39.50 server for searching (the server  of Library of
Congress -- z3950.loc.org), but searching returns nothing saying that
nothing was found or gives away with an error:

>The following fatal error has occurred:

>substr outside of string at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Charset.pm line 241.

Well, which search engine does Koha 3.0 use? I've read about
z3950daemon:
>IMPORTANT: The z3950search will NOT work until your system
>administrator has activated the z3950 client daemon on your server. The
>daemon is in KohaDirectory/script/z3950daemon. It should be added to
>rc.d to be launched during server boot.

but there is no script/ directory in /usr/share/koha/ and in whole subtree!

How can I fix Z39.50 search?

Thanks.