[Koha] FW: Koha Apache2 Issues?

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 06:52:13 NZDT 2008

This is common Apache VirtualHost debugging:

   - Figure out if your apache uses NameVirtualHost.
      - If so, your VirtualHost definitions need to contain the exact same
      host[:port] and ServerName or ServerAlias lines need to match
the incoming
      request.
      - If not, then your VirtualHost definitions need to be on distinct
      interfaces (IPs) and/or ports.
      - Need a "listen" for the port number used, if any.
   - If using name (not IP) then DNS, ServerName/ServerAlias lines and/or
   system hosts file should be updated.

Nothing special would be expected in the Koha or Apache error logs since no
error occurs (from the server point of view) in delivering you the default
VirtualHost page.

A cheap hack (that doesn't *really* solve the problem, but makes it go away
until you try to add other sites) is to disable the default site like: sudo
a2dissite default

--Joe