[Koha] sound cues, plus receipt printing

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Nov 17 14:59:09 NZDT 2008

"Owen Leonard" <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
> > I agree with Rick that Flash should be avoided.
>
> MJ, do you have an opinion about what the best alternative is? An
> embedded ogg file?

It sounds like embedded wav is the most widely-supported one today.

Ogg files may become more useful if an ogg-using <video> gets into one
of the html-related standards.  Then again, officially, the librarian
interface only supports Firefox-based browsers fully at present,
doesn't it?

I guess we could be too clever for our own good and allow different
librarians to pick different file types for cues, which might help
people who want the screen to flash instead of a noise... but maybe a
unified extension system is neater for that too.
--
MJ Ray (slef)