[Koha] sound cues

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 16:51:16 NZDT 2008

On 2008/11/11, at 8:51 AM, Chris Cormack wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:20 AM, Nicole Engard
> <nicole.engard at liblime.com> wrote:
>> Sharon,
>>
>> I have heard other Koha users ask for the same thing - but I haven't
>> seen any documentation or an RFC for it.
>>

> Kapiti District Library here in NZ had this, I'm not sure if they
> still do.
>
> Mason might be able to answer.

hiya folks,

yes, Kapiti do indeed have an 'audio-cues' mod on their koha.

a quick look in the tmpl files seems to indicate a simple <embed> tag
doing the magic, woo!...

<!-- TMPL_IF Name="good_return" -->
     <!-- Play a sound if the item was returned properly -->
         <EMBED SRC="<!-- TMPL_VAR NAME='themelang' -->/includes/
sounds/ding.wav"
              type="audio/wav" autostart=true hidden=true loop=1
height=60 width=128 </embed>
<!-- /TMPL_IF -->

this 'just-works' on my firefox3, at least

hopefully, the above example should be a good start to your success,
happy ding-ing... :)

Mason.