[Koha] Adding support for NORMARC to Koha 3

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Mon Nov 10 23:04:10 NZDT 2008

Dear all,

I'm trying to add support for NORMARC to Koha 3, a crucial step if Koha is
going to get any attention here in Norway.

I start off with a working installation with the default MARC21 structure,
and I have created an SQL-file that I run against the database in an attempt
to delete MARC21 and replace it with NORMARC:
http://github.com/MagnusEnger/normarc4koha/tree/master/normarc.sql

When I ran this against one of the beta versions prior to the stable 3.0 it
seemed to work. Today, I can still view my NORMARC structure with
/cgi-bin/koha/admin/marctagstructure.pl. But when I search for something in
the OPAC, I get the following error:

Koha error
The following fatal error has occurred:
Fields below 010 do not have subfields, use data() at
/mnt/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 3196
Apache	Server version: Apache/2.2.3 Server built: Mar 22 2008 09:25:58
Koha	3.01.00.003
Koha DB 3.0100003
MySQL	mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.32, for pc-linux-gnu (i486) using
readline 5.2
OS	Linux domU-12-31-38-01-BC-D7 2.6.21.7-2.fc8xen #1 SMP Fri Feb 15
12:39:36 EST 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
Perl	5.008008

As far as I can tell, the fields below 010 are set up in the same way as the
fields below 010 in MARC21, subfields are given as '@'. But then on the other
hand, I think perhaps I have stared at this for so long, I have gone blind to
some glaring error...

Any pointers on this would be highly appreciated!

Regards,
Magnus Enger