[Koha] Net::Z3950::ZOOM install error no.such.host fails on OpenSUSE 11

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Tue Nov 4 00:22:44 NZDT 2008

Hi Andy,

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 andymalo <andy at oaklandcatholic.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to follow the OpenSUSE install guide for Koha at
> http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=opensuse_11.0

Good. I hope that you're liking my tutorial.  :)

>  and I'm running into a problem with installing Net::Z3950::ZOOM.
> I've read the post on this error at
> http://www.nabble.com/Can%27t-install-Net::Z3950::ZOOM-on-openSUSE-11.0-td18433690.html
> and I know I have installed yaz with
>
> yast -i yaz
>
> But ZOOM still won't install.  It seems that cpan has version 1.25 of ZOOM,
> whereas in this guide they are using 1.24. Could this be my problem?  or am
> I missed some dependency?

Thanks for the detailed description. Is your Koha server behind a
proxy server and/or firewall? If it is, it may be blocking some
connection tests to Z3950 servers that are done during the
installation of the Net::Z3950::ZOOM Perl module. In that case, my
recommendation is to try to do a "force install" of that module:

myhost # cpan

cpan[1]> force install Net::Z3950::ZOOM

cpan[2]> quit
Lockfile removed.

Obviously, if you're trying to use the Z3950 server connection
functionality of Koha, you'll have to solve later the problem of the
proxy / firewall block.

I hope this information helps you. Please, report back saying if the
force install solves your problem.

Cheers,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net
Installation Guide for Installing Koha 3 on openSUSE 11 [Koha Developer Wiki]
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=opensuse_11.0