[Koha] Login problem in Koha intranet

Nabonita Guha nabonitaguha at gmail.com
Fri May 30 20:19:00 NZST 2008

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, the cookies in firefox browser which I'm
using is enabled. Now I've several times installed koha as well as all
dependecy softwares. All get installed without any error. But the problem is
still same.

Could you please have a look on my httpd.conf file configurations. The
places I've made the changes in the same are as follows:

****************************
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
Listen 8000
Listen 9000

NameVirtualHost localhost:8000
NameVirtualHost localhost:9000

<VirtualHost localhost:8000>
    ServerAdmin webmaster at dummy-opac
    DocumentRoot /usr/koha229/opac/htdocs
    ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/ /usr/koha229/opac/cgi-bin/
    ServerName opac
    ErrorLog logs/opac-error.log
    CustomLog logs/opac-access.log common
    SetEnv PERL5LIB "c:/usr/koha229/intranet/modules"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin webmaster at dummy-opac
    DocumentRoot /usr/koha229/opac/htdocs
    ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/ /usr/koha229/opac/cgi-bin/
    ServerName opac
    ErrorLog logs/opac-error.log
    CustomLog logs/opac-access.log common
    SetEnv PERL5LIB "c:/usr/koha229/intranet/modules"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost localhost:9000>
    ServerAdmin webmaster at dummy-opac
    DocumentRoot /usr/koha229/intranet/htdocs
    ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/ /usr/koha229/intranet/cgi-bin/
    ServerName intranet
    ErrorLog logs/intranet-error.log
    CustomLog logs/intranet-access.log common
    SetEnv PERL5LIB "c:/usr/koha229/intranet/modules"
</VirtualHost>
********************************

Thanks.

Nabonita

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Joe Atzberger <ohiocore at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nabonita --
>
> Please ensure that your browser has cookies enabled, since Koha
> authentication will make use of them.  Also be sure that you are browsing
> the apache-served version and not executing/viewing files locally (like
> C:\usr\koha\...).
>
> Your amount of memory should be fine.
>
> --Joe
>
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 5:13 AM, Nabonita Guha <nabonitaguha at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've a new installation of Koha 2.2.9 in Windows XP. But when I login into
>> Koha Intranet, everytime I choose any option it logs me out and login screen
>> comes up. For example if i've choosen 'Parameter' option, I get the login
>> screen again. then again after entering the username and password if I
>> choose to 'Library Branch' I get the login screen again and after doing
>> several logins the data is not getting stored in the database. I'm not
>> understanding what went wrong. Can anyone help me in fixing this problem?
>>
>> Thanks in anticipation
>>
>> --
>> Nabonita

Nabonita Guha
Senior Research Fellow,
Documentation Research & Training Centre,
Indian Statistical Institute, 8th Mile, Mysore Road,
Bangalore - 560059
Karnataka
Email: nabonitaguha at yahoo.com