[Koha] installing Koha 3 on Ubuntu 8

holmgren at buffalo.edu holmgren at buffalo.edu
Thu May 29 17:13:13 NZST 2008

Hello,

I'm rather new to Linux (as well as to Koha), and so in seeking to install Koha (3 beta)
on Ubuntu 8 I have been trying to follow the instructions given in the wiki for installing
Koha 3 on Ubuntu Gutsy
[http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=ubuntu_gutsy]
(instructions for installing on Ubuntu 8 - Hardy Heron are not listed there).
Anyway, things were proceeding fine until I came to the instruction to install zebra as I couldn't
find zebra either through the Synaptic package manager or through apt-get in Terminal (as a trial,
I am trying to install on the desktop edition as a prelude to installing on another computer having
the server edition).
I would appreciate advice on what to do.

Thanks,
Barrett Holmgren