[Koha] OPAC search problems in version 3

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Thu May 29 02:20:44 NZST 2008

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank Marilen Corciovei, Marijana
Glavica and Ryan Higgins for having given me tips to solve my problem
of catalog searches not working in the OPAC (although working in the
Intranet) in the Koha 3 development version that I was running (in a
virtual machine running openSUSE 10.3).

To make a long story short, I ended up solving the problem by doing
the following:

1st - Downloading the newest Koha 3 development snapshot version
(Koha-HEAD.tar.gz file) that was available yesterday (27-May-2008) at:
http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=snapshot;h=HEAD

2nd - Deleting the "koha" MySQL Database (this server only has a Koha
test installation, so it's OK for me to delete the Koha database).

3rd - Creating an empty "koha" MySQL Database.

4th - Running the "perl Makefile.PL", "make test" and "make install"
commands for this development snapshot.

5th - Running the Koha Web Installer and selecting "Unimarc" as the
MARC flavour and "NoZebra" as the indexing engine in "Step 3".

When running "perl Makefile.PL" from this development snapshot, I have
also answered "no" to the question "Install the Zebra configuration
files?"

Then, I ran again the bulkmarcimport.pl script for the ISO files that
I'm importing. Searches are now working (and returning the same
results) both in the OPAC and in the Intranet.

Thanks again for all your help!  :)

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net