[Koha] HTTP OPAC Vhost - Koha 3 on OpenSuse 10.3

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Wed May 28 05:09:40 NZST 2008

Hi Greg (and list!),

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 4:48 PM, gsl <gsl at rollinghills.lib.mo.us> wrote:

> We are still having problems http'ing into the OPAC using Koha 3 on
> OpenSuse 10.3. We've tried setting the Koha virtual/localhost on
> 127.0.0.2 (and others, like 127.0.0.5 and 127.0.0.10). From the browser
> we get the following error:
> -------------------
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.    /*what would it
> be trying to access / for anyway?
>
> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
> ErrorDocument to handle the request.
> Apache/2.2.4 (Linux/SUSE) Server at 127.0.0.5 Port 80
> [snip]
> One of the (same/related) issues seems to be that
> /etc/apache2/vhost.d/koha-httpd.conf can't call a line which creates the
> web page, "opac-main.pl".

Try to add the following Apache Directive to the end of your
/etc/apache2/vhost.d/koha-httpd.conf file:

_______________

<Directory /usr/share/koha>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

( I'm assuming that you have installed Koha in the default directory -
/usr/share/koha ).

After editing the koha-httpd.conf file, restart Apache and see if the
OPAC page appears then.

Please, report back saying if this solution works for you (or not).

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net