[Koha] Please help me to rectify this

Andrew Moore andrew.moore at liblime.com
Fri May 23 01:17:16 NZST 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 8:02 AM, gilesh m p <gileshmp at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> I have configured Koha 2.2.9 on Debian Etch. Its working well but when I try
> to print the Barcode/Configure the printer form the Barcode generation page,
> the destination perl script gets downloded instead of doing the work.. When
> i opened the downloaded .pl file, it was empty.. Somebody pls help me out
> soon, because we are working on Koha Popularization project from this month.

That could be due to a few reasons. One likely possibility I can think
of is that that .pl program isn't set to execute. You can change this
by using the 'chmod' command. To add execute permissions, you run
'chmod uog+x file.pl' where "file.pl" is the name of the program that
is not running. You can use 'ls -l' to check the current permissions
before and after you change them.

It's possible that this isn't the problem, in fact it's a little odd
that only one file would not have the execute bits set. But, it's
worth a try.

If that fails, please let us know. You may also want to check the
apache error log to see if there is any useful information.

Good luck!
-Andy