[Koha] Debianised, was: A brief overview on Koha 3 Beta 2

Vincent Danjean vdanjean.ml at free.fr
Sat May 17 09:48:17 NZST 2008

Henri-Damien LAURENT wrote:
> Vincent Danjean a écrit :
>> And is it normal that such a number of theses modules are not present
>> in Makefile.PL ?
> Actually, all the required modules should be in Makefile.PL
> If not, it should be considered as a bug.
> But some depends on other modules, and only the desired module is
> mentioned in Makefile.PL

It is ok if there is no minimum version needed by koha greater that the
one required by the dependency.
Else, I would really like to see another doc (if not in Makefile.PL) telling
the minimum perl module versions needed by Koha (including transitively with
the dependencies)

A few months ago, I went thru the Makefile.PL list and try to package all
needed perl modules. I've been surprised by the list given by Ray :
most are already packaged in Debian. Perhaps, he was talking about etch
but even with this, some perl modules of its list seem up-to-date for me.

I do not have a lot of free times to work on Koha. In particular, I do not
have the time for now to try to install and test it.
But I would be very pleased to help, at least, to package all missing
dependencies before the lenny freeze. But for this, I depends on you (koha
developers) to tell me what is missing, what must be updated to new
upstream.

> some more dependances,
> HTML::Scrubber was added very lately

already in debian (etch and lenny uptodate 0.8)

> Roman could be added soon. (to convert numbers into roman numbers)

already in debian, uptodate for lenny (1.22)

> I donot know if any other new module will be required soon.

> Many thanks Vincent and MJ for your work.

PS: lenny freeze will happens in a few weeks. So, it becomes urgent
to identify missing dependencies in lenny...

  Best regards,
    Vincent