[Koha] Debian fun continues

Chadwick, John, DCA john.chadwick at state.nm.us
Fri May 9 10:08:16 NZST 2008

Thanks to all who have offered advice recently. I discovered that part
of the problem in my first install was that I skipped a step when
installing Koha, the dselect debian packages. I finally did a clean
install of the server software and started again. The only problem I had
and I finally resolved it was with ImageMagick. You need to install
PerlMagick as well to make everything work.

Now my problem is probably very simple, but I did not have any problems
like this with Ubuntu 7.10. I am using Debian Etch and I am having
trouble getting port 80 or 8080 to work properly. I can go to the
console (using Gnome) and use the browser to go to http://127.0.0.1
<http://127.0.0.1/>  or http://127.0.0.1:8080 <http://127.0.0.1:8080/>
and everything is fine. When I use the IP address I get the default IP
Apache web page ("It Works!). Doesn't matter if I specify a port or not.
When I edit the conf file for koha and put in the IP address, it works,
but then I lose the ability to use phpmyadmin.

John

-----+

John Chadwick, Ed.D. Information Technology Manager

New Mexico State Library

1209 Camino Carlos Rey

Santa Fe, NM 87507

Phone: 505-476-9740  Cell: 505-629-8116 Fax: 505-476-9761

john.chadwick at state.nm.us

http://www.nmstatelibrary.org

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.