[Koha] Help with installation on fedora 8

Mason James sushi.james at gmail.com
Thu May 1 14:56:41 NZST 2008

On 2008/04/30, at 6:58 PM, Ken Lomax wrote:

> I am reminded very much of a situation we had with hardware vs
> software
> many years ago with the hardware guys saying it was a software
> fault and
> the software guys saying it was a hardware fault.
>
> Judging by the one and only reply to my request for help and no
> further
> response from my reply to that, it appears that I am looking at a koha
> vs perl/CPAN situation.
>
> I am a great supporter of OpenSource, but after spending so much
> time on
> koha (not only the previous four days-but in the considerable problems
> in past installs) it appears that it is time to cut my losses and just
> write my own application that will suit my purposes.
>
> Bye all
> Ken

Hi Ken,

Seriously, If I had access to a Redhat/Fedora box, I would help you
out, but i dont :(

My advice is to set yourself up a working Koha3 on Debian first (or
even an Ubuntu-server),
the CPAN dependanices happen pretty smoothly, and any problems you
encounter will be well known (and resolved) by most of the Koha
developers internationally (as they mostly use Debian/Ubuntu)

Then, once you have a working standard Koha, you can use it to help
troubleshoot your issues on your Fedora box.
Start with a *known* working system, then start bending it.

Cheers, Mason.