[Koha] Follett to Koha 2.2.9 migration help

Darren De Zeeuw darrens at umich.edu
Sat Mar 8 05:24:58 NZDT 2008

I am the volunteer IT guy for a small private school.  We have been using
Follett's Circ Plus/Cat Plus software for many years, but their upgrade path
is too expensive and our old Mac OS 9 machine running the software in the
library had a disk failure.  It's time to find another solution.  Koha seems
to be the perfect fit for us, but I need to show that it's better than what
we have in order to get approval.

I've been reading what I can find in the list archive about migrating to
Koha from Follett.  Many topics are years old and probably specific to
whatever the current Koha version was.  Does anyone have experience with
this migration recently?  I've been able to install Koha 2.2.9 and all it's
prerequisites on my MacBook Pro (Mac OS 10.5) as a test by combining
multiple online help pages.  I have a MICROLIF file with around 8000 records
exported from our Follett catalog.  I ran the bulkmarcimport.pl script and
it brought most of the data over as far as I can see (I'm not a librarian),
but seems to be missing our bar-coding information at least.  I'm also
unsure if I can migrate over our patron list as well.

Any personal experience or relevant online hints would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, Darren.