[Koha] Forum board

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Mar 6 09:01:57 NZDT 2008

> > This way whe could break up information into units such as
> > intalling, migration, updating, database, etc.  We could further break
> > down units like installing into Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat , 64 bit, etc.
>
> That sounds like a way to "divide and conk out" - splitting our
> resources too thinly to be able to help some people and eating up more
> time into overheads like managing the forum.

As I recall this was the central issue the last time this discussion came
up. Things are starting to change, but up until now most of the questions
on the list have been answered by Koha developers. That means that you
really want to be using whatever discussion venue the developers are using.

Maybe the community is ready to start supporting itself, and maybe it
isn't. The trouble is, if you start up a web-based forum expecting Koha
users to pitch in and answer questions and no one does, it looks really bad
for Koha and ends up discouraging new and potential users.

  -- Owen