[Koha] Serials

ssmith at boystown.com.au ssmith at boystown.com.au
Fri Jun 13 14:04:58 NZST 2008

Thanks Irma

I meant the techies here, not the ones who designed Koha.

I may be able to push through an upgrade to Koha, but would need
definitive proof that the current version does not meet organisational
needs.
Is there a backlist of bugs for old versions somewhere that I could
peruse?

Sometimes I use Explorer, sometimes I use firefox, but my access to Koha
is direct, not through a web browser.

Sarah

RE: [Koha] Serials

Irma
to:
ssmith
13/06/2008 11:22 AM

Hello Sarah,

Oh dear...I know what it feels like to spend much time on a function to
still not have it work well or work at all at the end. Koha 3.0 is the
answer re serials.

A few comments, if I may.
It's scary to read your comments re: "no idea how libraries are supposed
to function".
What I mean is that you are asking for help on a public e-list and amongst
the readers are the people (who can/could/would/do help) but are referred
to as "set up by people who". Of course the general Koha list is read by
librarians as well as IT people, but I know that a lot a lot of work went
into the Serials module and they did have a librarian at Katipo
Communications work with them. Honey catches more flies!

I also note that your Koha 2.2.7 runs on Windows XP. Do you also use
Internet Explorer? Most of the developers are Linux/Unix users and
FireFox.

Might you be in a position to upgrade to Koha 3.0 stable?

Best regards,

Irma

Irma Birchall
CALYX information essentials