[Koha] RFID and Koha 2.2.2

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Fri Jun 6 23:01:14 NZST 2008

Hi Wojciech,

The reasons I am looking at RFID are:

1. reduce staff time spent manually processing returned items (currently 1
full time time position).
2. self issue for patrons
3. quicker manual stocktaking
4. smart card functionality so that members can debit charges from their
library card account balance, which can have credit added to it by credit
card or cash, from both within the library and from home
5. The biggest driver of all is that we have a new building being planned.
and our current bypass security system will not work with the building
design. We can go to a tattletape system or go to RFID. I think RFID is the
way of the future.

regards Joann Ransom.