[Koha] RFID and Koha 2.2.2

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Fri Jun 6 17:57:29 NZST 2008

Hi there,

We are running Koha 2.2.2. We wish to move to a RFID ystem for self issuing,
auto-returning and minor sorting, and stock counting reasons.

I have read through literature from EnvisionWare, TechLogicand Bibliotheca.

I am very impressed with the solutions offered by Envisionware, including
the smart cardtype issues around topping up a card via crecit card or cash
and using ir for internet access, photocopying, prinitng, issue charges etc.
EnvisionWare apparently have clients running Evergreen, but they weren't
sure about Koha.

So my question is, do any libraries out there running 2.0.x have any
comments, observations or advice they would be willing to share about RFID
vendors and systems in relation to Koha.

regards,

Joann Ransom.
Horowhenua Library Trust.
New Zealand.