[Koha] DBText conversion to Koha--Patrons

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 03:54:21 NZST 2008

Bob -

The borrowers table contains all the fields you're looking for, I think,
with perhaps the exception of country.  That shouldn't be a major
limitation, if you record the Canadian's state as something recognizeable
like "Ontario".

Here are the table fields.

mysql> describe borrowers;
+---------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+

+---------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| borrowernumber      | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment

| cardnumber          | varchar(16)  | YES  | UNI | NULL    |

| surname             | mediumtext   | NO   |     |         |

| firstname           | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| title               | mediumtext   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| othernames          | mediumtext   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| initials            | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| streetnumber        | varchar(10)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| streettype          | varchar(50)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| address             | mediumtext   | NO   |     |         |

| address2            | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| city                | mediumtext   | NO   |     |         |

| zipcode             | varchar(25)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| email               | mediumtext   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| phone               | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| mobile              | varchar(50)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| fax                 | mediumtext   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| emailpro            | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| phonepro            | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| B_streetnumber      | varchar(10)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| B_streettype        | varchar(50)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| B_address           | varchar(100) | YES  |     | NULL    |

| B_city              | mediumtext   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| B_zipcode           | varchar(25)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| B_email             | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| B_phone             | mediumtext   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| dateofbirth         | date         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| branchcode          | varchar(10)  | NO   | MUL |         |

| categorycode        | varchar(10)  | NO   | MUL |         |

| dateenrolled        | date         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| dateexpiry          | date         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| gonenoaddress       | tinyint(1)   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| lost                | tinyint(1)   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| debarred            | tinyint(1)   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| contactname         | mediumtext   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| contactfirstname    | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| contacttitle        | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |

| guarantorid         | int(11)      | YES  |     | NULL    |

| borrowernotes       | mediumtext   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| relationship        | varchar(100) | YES  |     | NULL    |

| ethnicity           | varchar(50)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| ethnotes            | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |

| sex                 | varchar(1)   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| password            | varchar(30)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| flags               | int(11)      | YES  |     | NULL    |

| userid              | varchar(30)  | YES  | MUL | NULL    |

| opacnote            | mediumtext   | YES  |     | NULL    |

| contactnote         | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |

| sort1               | varchar(80)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| sort2               | varchar(80)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| altcontactfirstname | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |

| altcontactsurname   | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |

| altcontactaddress1  | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |

| altcontactaddress2  | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |

| altcontactaddress3  | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |

| altcontactzipcode   | varchar(50)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| altcontactphone     | varchar(50)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| smsalertnumber      | varchar(50)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

+---------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
58 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The fields with NULL=NO are requried.  Any additional fields that you cannot
easily map yet, I suggest you incorporate into the "contactnote" or
"opacnote" fields, using some consistent mechanical format (e.g.,
"message_flag=y, other_flag=3").  Then later you can still extract that info
for use in an extended attribute, custom report, etc.

All Koha's date fields are represented internally as ISO format dates
(YYYY-MM-DD).

--Joe Atzberger
Systems Administrator, LibLime